Tradies! Is your work van full of receipts? Spending evenings and weekends sending invoices or chasing payment? Join Michelle Maynard and an awesome line up of small business professionals who will power you with the tools and knowledge to take control of your trades business.
For tradies and the ladies who support their business.
Are you awesome on the tools but don’t have the correct business tools in place? Perhaps you’re a sparkie but you’ve lost the spark for your business. Or are you a tradie wife with no life!
Then this session is for you! This edition of CarbonCon is themed around tradies and the ladies who support their business. We’ll power you with the tools and knowledge to ensure you’re spending less time doing your paperwork, marketing, and dealing with staffing issues, and more time doing what you’re best at; out in the field with the tool box helping your clients. And ladies – we’ll show you tricks of the trade when it comes to automation, making managing paperwork a breeze.
Our line up of experts will provide you with the business tools to get s#!t done!
Michelle is a partner at Carbon Accounting, specialising in providing tax and accounting advice to SMEs and their family groups, working to achieve the most effective strategies both financially and in tax terms.
- Business structures – what options are available/the differences/what you need to consider before choosing one
- Small business tax concessions – asset write off etc – tips and tricks
- Common mistakes/issues that I see with trades based business – paying a spouse more than ATO would deem reasonable, Motor Vehicle claims, Home Based business deductions
- Paying the people in your business – options to get money out of your business (salary, dividends, distributions etc) and the tax strategies we can put into play to minimize the tax on this
- Personal Services Income – a huge trap for trades based businesses – what is it and how you can avoid it
Cat Holmes is a coach and mentor for small business owners, helping them become more confident in business, get good at marketing, and stand out by being themselves. Her Authentic Marketing course has been described as “the BEST thing I’ve done for my business!”
Cat will be sharing a framework for critical thinking so you can:
- Reduce the overwhelm of running a small business
- Stop feeling like you need to do everything yourself
- Understand why your marketing might not be getting you results, and
- Learn how to think about and structure your marketing for the future
Rob Sheppard has delivered and led recruitment and HR services in local and international small, medium and large businesses for over 18 years. A self-described HR geek, he’s recruited and on-boarded over 5,000 people, handled hundreds of tricky HR conversations, and believes that companies benefit when they remember the “human” in HR.
Rob will a provide a no-nonsense overview of employment for small and medium-sized businesses:
- Ways to avoid Fair Work and the key laws you need to know
- What ‘sham contracts’ mean for you and your subcontractors
- Using FREE online resources to save time and money
Tim Svehlak has been in the finance industry for 12 years helping businesses with cash flow management. He has helped business owners like you put processes in place to improve their outstanding debtors position as well as protect their business from both payment and operational risks.
You will learn how to:
- Collect your debts promptly and efficiently while maintaining a good relationship with your customers
- Safeguard your business with terms and conditions that provide a clear relationship with your customers
- Use the government register to become a secured creditor in the event of a customer going into liquidation
- Get access to consumer and business credit reports to ensure you are minimising your risk of future debt
Kat is a bookkeeping manager at Carbon. She works with her clients to ensure they know their obligations and remain compliant. Kat also identifies opportunities for growth, going above and beyond the standard role of a bookkeeper.
Click to Book
- Have you got the right accounting software in place?
- Reporting to the ATO and due dates
- Common mistakes that may be costing your business
Back To Media and Resources