Using cloud-based accounting software Xero to free up admin time for Perth electrical company
Edwards Electrical and Solar is a small family operated electrical contracting business located in Perth. They specialise in domestic and commercial renewable energy systems, and pride themselves on the highest standard of workmanship and friendly, professional approach. Stephen Edwards, Owner, was previously using accounting software Cashflow Manager. Whilst it had some great features, it was not cloud-based, which meant Stephen had to make a back-up of his account records before emailing it to his accountant. Stephen was looking for a company who had an up-to-date knowledge of online accounting software, Xero, and called Carbon Group.
- Previous accounting software program was not cloud-based
- This chewed up time completing administration tasks
- In-person meetings with the accountant reduced time out in the field doing billable work
- Manual back-ups of accounts on a regular basis
- Xero integration, giving Stephen access to his accounts from anywhere, on any device
- Xero training to improve Stephen’s existing knowledge of Xero and how it can help his industry
- Tax planning strategy services from Carbon Accounting help to minimise tax, and avoids EOFY shocks
- Carbon Accounting conduct yearly compliance work to ensure quality preparation of income tax return
- Automatic bank feeds through Xero reduces the time needed to spend in the office manually doing tasks
- Online access to Stephen’s accounts allows Carbon to view and monitor his records remotely, reducing the number of in-person meetings required for minor issues
Since starting with Carbon Group, not only do I have a much better overall understanding of my business, but more free time to actually carry out the work required. Carbon have been extremely helpful in bringing together all my accounting and bookkeeping needs.