Export Market Development Grant (EMDG)
Has your business grown? Are you now looking to expand into international markets
? Perhaps you’ve saturated the Australian market and it’s now time to launch overseas. To help you break into the new market, the Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) could be what you need. The EMDG partially reimburses expenses incurred for the promotional activities of potential Australia exporters.
As with all grants and incentives, there are some criteria that you must meet:
- Total income for the financial year must be less than $50 million
- Your product or service must be promoted to residents of other countries
- You must be the principal (rather than the agent) in the export of the products or services
- Your product or service must either:
- Be manufactured in Australia OR
- Have significant value created in Australia (e.g. designed here) OR
- Have some anticipated economic benefit flow here (e.g. employment opportunities)
Funding for the grant is provided by reimbursing 50% of promotional costs, providing total expenses are at least $15k. The minimum grant amount is $5k and the maximum is $150k. The promotional activity being reimbursed can include things such as travel, accommodation and trade show fees.
To apply, lodgments must be made before 30 November each year. As specialists in this field, our team are here to assist you with your application to ensure you are in the best possible position to receive the grant. Contact us today and we’ll help you along the journey to receive the Export Market Development Grant!