We have an amazing opportunity for a personal assistant to become the next Carbonite, working directly for one of our co-founders!
Due to our PA superstar expecting a mini Carbonite in the coming months, we have an amazing opportunity for a personal assistant to become the next Carbonite. Working directly for one of our co-founders (lucky you!), you’ll take the lead on all things admin related for your boss. From booking meetings, to attending client enquiries, to liaising with the ATO, this is a varied role which will keep you on your toes. The co-founder you’ll be working with started his business at a young age and has experienced heaps in the world of accounting and business along the way. You’ll get the opportunity to learn a lot from him and will value this for your own career progression.
You’ll be perfect for the role if:
- You can put up with dad jokes all day every day
- You share the co-founder's passion for whatever he is talking about on the day (acting is accepted!)
- You will constantly remind the co-founder he’s the best ping pong player in the office (again, acting is accepted!)
- You want to be part of the coolest accounting firm in Australia (no acting needed)
OK, a few serious traits that we need from you:
- Exceptional attention to detail – our clients deserve the best and you’ll deliver this
- Be a Xero-hero and have used MYOB, and have a passion for technology
- Be a team player – you get to work with our amazing Carbonites and we’ll love learning from your experiences and knowledge
- Be energetic! Old-school accounting firms are boring, and we’re definitely not boring.
- Create genuine and meaningful relationships with everyone at Carbon; Carbonites, clients, partners etc. They’ve all contributed to the success of Carbon, so it’s important to keep these relationships
- Minimum two years' experience as an accounting administrator or similar
What you’ll be doing
We love our clients, and servicing them exceptionally is our focus. You’ll be responsible for:
- Actioning incoming mail
- Scheduling compliance and liaising with clients to endure their lodgement requirements are met
- Booking meetings for our team of awesome accountants
- Actioning administration pre-starts
- Setting up new clients into our systems
- Answering client emails and phone calls
- Collating and distributing client accounts
- Updating processes and procedures – we always encourage new ways of doing things to increase efficiency!
You will assist and report to your boss with:
- Booking meetings
- Collecting client files/information ready for his meetings
- Monitoring and organizing his calendar
- Monitoring and actioning emails when he is unavailable
- Arranging personal appointments and bookings on behalf of your boss, including car servicing, etc.
- Additional ad hoc tasks
What it means to be a Carbonite
We enjoy ourselves and have fun in our vibrant, open plan office, but at the end of the day we also get s**t done. You’ll become part of our family of Carbonites, enjoy regular team activities, cake days, massage days, Friday drinks, ping pong tournaments plus more. Every Carbonite is encouraged to chase their dreams and progress their careers with us. You’ll receive endless support and training opportunities to ensure you continue to shine bright like a diamond.
The role is available ASAP
Ready to apply?
- Show us what you’ve got (aka send through your resume)
- Tell us why we need you:
- Write a cover letter selling yourself - make it stand out
- Give us an insight into who you are
- Let us see the real you, either through short video or other creative/fun means
- Convince us why we’d be missing out if we didn’t get you in for an interview.
Back To Media and Resources