Carbon are privileged to work with a range of fantastic businesses who contribute to building a better community in both Australia and internationally. From small not-for-profits who assist schools and community groups, to large organisations that carry out projects overseas in developing countries.
One organisation that Carbon works closely with is Classroom of Hope. Classroom of Hope is a for-purpose organisation helping children realise their greatness through life-changing education. They provide access to quality education to children living in developing countries, as they believe that education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world. Education empowers women, helps to prevent disease and reduces poverty. Currently, Classroom of Hope have projects in Cambodia, Rwanda, and Indonesia. Each country has different needs so they provide unique solutions that remove barriers to education. These solutions include building schools, creating child-friendly schools, English programs and providing scholarships. All these education projects are implemented by Classroom of Hope’s incredible local NGO partners.
Why should your business support a charity?
Participating in charity work not only brings that uplifting, feel-good factor, but it can do wonders for your business and your employees.
• Build respect and a good reputation in the community
• Contribute to building a better place to live
• Employees feel good for being involved and giving back, increasing morale and providing team building opportunities
• Positive publicity for your business
• Great networking opportunities through exposure to other business and individuals
Engaging in charity work doesn’t just mean digging deep into your pockets or writing a cheque. It provides a great way of getting involved and understanding what the charity does. Carbon engage in numerous charity events throughout the year and believe it is just as important to volunteer time as much as donating.
Here’s some way your business can get started with contributing to charity:
• Charity fundraising events – Carbon hold an annual big poker night and bogan bingo night, as well as a monthly poker event in our office
• Volunteering time – why not allocate time to gift wrapping at Christmas to help a charity?
• Participate in a charity event – Carbon have teams partaking in the annual Oxfam 100km Trailwalker
• Sponsor a community group or sports club
• Regular donations to a chosen charity or cause
Our events throughout the year have raised large amounts for various charities, including St. Vincent de Paul, Mission Australia, and Oxfam. If you’re looking for a way that your business can get started with contributing to charity straight away, why not become a Wise Owl? Wise Owl is Classroom of Hope’s fundraising community. For just $9 per month, you can join the group of like-minded individuals who enable COH to continue building schools and providing children with access to quality education. Sign up today for that feel-good factor.